Trial ordered for boyfriend in West Chester woman's slaying
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - June 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been ordered to stand trial in the shooting death of his longtime girlfriend at their Philadelphia-area home.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says a magisterial judge in Chester County held all charges against 44-year-old Gregory Twyman after a preliminary hearing Friday.
Twyman is charged with criminal homicide as well as first-, second- and third-degree murder and weapons offenses in the May 21 death of Jamica Woods.
Detective Gerald Davis testified that Twyman told investigators that the two had been fighting for days, and that morning she was trying to compel him to leave the house.
He alleged that the victim was holding a handgun, but not pointing it at him, and he grabbed it but he later fired a shotgun.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
pennsylvania, homicide, chester county, local/state
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 2 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
37 min ago