Trial ordered for boyfriend in West Chester woman's slaying
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - June 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been ordered to stand trial in the shooting death of his longtime girlfriend at their Philadelphia-area home.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says a magisterial judge in Chester County held all charges against 44-year-old Gregory Twyman after a preliminary hearing Friday.
Twyman is charged with criminal homicide as well as first-, second- and third-degree murder and weapons offenses in the May 21 death of Jamica Woods.
Detective Gerald Davis testified that Twyman told investigators that the two had been fighting for days, and that morning she was trying to compel him to leave the house.
He alleged that the victim was holding a handgun, but not pointing it at him, and he grabbed it but he later fired a shotgun.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
pennsylvania, homicide, chester county, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ