$5,000 reward for 2 posing as water department workers
WEST CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. - June 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- The search continues for two men who ripped off an 89-year-old woman by posing as water department workers.
The incident happened on Tuesday April 30th on the 100 block of Moorehead Avenue in West Conshohocken.
John Apeldorn of the Citizens Crime Commission explains, "[The suspect] has a hard hat on and he tells her he wants to check the water in her house for contamination. So they go into the basement and he gets her to turn the water on and off while somebody else goes into the house up to the second floor."
The second suspect allegedly ransacked three small safes but only got away with a checkbook.
"They had a couple witnesses that seen a white male run into a light colored van," said Apeldorn.
Luckily, the woman wasn't injured. Authorities checked with the water company, which confirmed they had no workers in the area at that time. Now the company is stepping up to help catch these two men.
"The Aqua water company, that has the contracts in that area, are posting a $5,000 reward," Apeldorn said.
The reward will go to anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible. All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS.
All calls will remain anonymous.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, crimefighters, robbery, local/state, rick williams
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 12 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
29 min ago