Whale washes ashore in Wildwood Crest (PHOTOS)
WILDWOOD CREST, N.J. - June 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wildlife officials are investigating the death of a whale that washed up on a South Jersey beach Sunday morning.
The incident was reported around 7:00 a.m. Sunday at Syracuse Street and the beach in Wildwood Crest.
Officials at the Marine Mammal Stranding Center tell Action News that the deceased 15-foot pilot whale has been transported to the New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Chester County.
This is the location where a necropsy will take place. That is scheduled for either later today or tomorrow.
new jersey, cape may county, animals, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast 15 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 51 min ago
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Body found in Logan tire fire 18 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 50 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 40 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
1 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
51 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
50 min ago
- Body found in Logan tire fire
18 min ago