Cash stolen from safe inside Claymont church
CLAYMONT, Del. - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating the theft of a large amount of cash from a Claymont church over the weekend.
The theft occurred on Saturday at the Holy Rosary Church on the 3200 block of Philadelphia Pike.
The church had placed money earned during its carnival event on Friday inside a safe.
When a carnival volunteer opened the safe late Saturday afternoon, he found that a large amount of the cash was missing.
Troopers found no signs of forced entry into the church or the safe.
Anyone with information in reference to this incident is asked to contact Delaware State Police at 302-761-6677 extension 328.
delaware, theft, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 12 min ago
- Temps Soar 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 15 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 30 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 32 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 22 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
28 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
12 min ago