Cash stolen from safe inside Claymont church
CLAYMONT, Del. - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating the theft of a large amount of cash from a Claymont church over the weekend.
The theft occurred on Saturday at the Holy Rosary Church on the 3200 block of Philadelphia Pike.
The church had placed money earned during its carnival event on Friday inside a safe.
When a carnival volunteer opened the safe late Saturday afternoon, he found that a large amount of the cash was missing.
Troopers found no signs of forced entry into the church or the safe.
Anyone with information in reference to this incident is asked to contact Delaware State Police at 302-761-6677 extension 328.
delaware, theft, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos