Man barricades self, sets fire in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man barricaded himself inside a home and set a fire on Monday morning.
The call came in just before 10:30 a.m. for the incident in the 300 block of South 62nd Street.
Investigators say a husband and wife were having an argument when, at one point, the husband armed himself with a knife.
Police say the man then sprayed lighter fluid in the house and started a fire.
Officers arrived and the man refused to come out.
Eventually, the SWAT team entered the house and got the man out.
The wife, and a child who was also in the home, were not harmed.
The front porch, living room, upstairs bedroom and basement were damaged by the fire.
There was no immediate word on charges as this investigation continues.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, barricade, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 31 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
8 min ago