Child seriously hurt in Route 30 bypass crash
WEST WHITELAND - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a child was seriously injured in a crash on the Route 30 bypass.
The crash happened shortly before 1:00 p.m. between Route 100 and Route 202 in West Whiteland, Chester County.
The view from Chopper 6 HD shows a dark-colored SUV with a white roof heavily damaged.
A number of rescuers are working frantically to free the people inside.
Police say the child was rushed to Paoli Hospital's Trauma Center. Medics say the child's injuries were not life-threatening.
The driver of the SUV was uninjured.
Police say it appears the SUV driver hit a stopped vehicle.
Part of Route 30 was closed for hours, finally reopening around 4:15 p.m.
pennsylvania, chester county, accident, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 53 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 1 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests