Child seriously hurt in Route 30 bypass crash
WEST WHITELAND - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a child was seriously injured in a crash on the Route 30 bypass.
The crash happened shortly before 1:00 p.m. between Route 100 and Route 202 in West Whiteland, Chester County.
The view from Chopper 6 HD shows a dark-colored SUV with a white roof heavily damaged.
A number of rescuers are working frantically to free the people inside.
Police say the child was rushed to Paoli Hospital's Trauma Center. Medics say the child's injuries were not life-threatening.
The driver of the SUV was uninjured.
Police say it appears the SUV driver hit a stopped vehicle.
Part of Route 30 was closed for hours, finally reopening around 4:15 p.m.
pennsylvania, chester county, accident, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 28 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 31 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball