Child seriously hurt in Route 30 bypass crash
WEST WHITELAND - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a child was seriously injured in a crash on the Route 30 bypass.
The crash happened shortly before 1:00 p.m. between Route 100 and Route 202 in West Whiteland, Chester County.
The view from Chopper 6 HD shows a dark-colored SUV with a white roof heavily damaged.
A number of rescuers are working frantically to free the people inside.
Police say the child was rushed to Paoli Hospital's Trauma Center. Medics say the child's injuries were not life-threatening.
The driver of the SUV was uninjured.
Police say it appears the SUV driver hit a stopped vehicle.
Part of Route 30 was closed for hours, finally reopening around 4:15 p.m.
pennsylvania, chester county, accident, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 28 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 7 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 35 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 19 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 15 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 1 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
19 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos