House fire in Port Richmond; 1 man dead
PORT RICHMOND - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man is dead following a house fire in Port Richmond.
The blaze broke out at 9:30 p.m. Monday in a 2-story row house in the 3100 block of Cedar Street.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire throughout the home.
Initial reports indicated that one person had been injured. Action News learned a short time later that person did not survive.
It took crews about 25 minutes to get the upper hand.
At least one adjoining home sustained damage.
philadelphia, fire, port richmond, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 5 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 24 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash 21 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally