Female SEPTA bus driver assaulted by passenger in Mantua
MANTUA - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the man who assaulted a female SEPTA bus driver and then ran.
It happened at 8:00 p.m. Monday at 40th and Aspen Streets in the Mantua section of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver of the Route 40 bus was confronted by a man who spat in her face then fled.
Medics were called and the driver was taken to Presbyterian Hospital for treatment.
SEPTA police are reviewing surveillance tapes to see if the suspect was recorded.
The Route 40 bus travels between 2nd and Lombard Streets in Center City and Conshohocken State and Monument Roads in Wynnefield Heights.
philadelphia, assault, mantua, SEPTA, local/state
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 58 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 1 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County 52 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 28 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser