Female SEPTA bus driver assaulted by passenger in Mantua
MANTUA - June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the man who assaulted a female SEPTA bus driver and then ran.
It happened at 8:00 p.m. Monday at 40th and Aspen Streets in the Mantua section of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver of the Route 40 bus was confronted by a man who spat in her face then fled.
Medics were called and the driver was taken to Presbyterian Hospital for treatment.
SEPTA police are reviewing surveillance tapes to see if the suspect was recorded.
The Route 40 bus travels between 2nd and Lombard Streets in Center City and Conshohocken State and Monument Roads in Wynnefield Heights.
philadelphia, assault, mantua, SEPTA, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 45 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands