Downed tree sparks fire in Fox Chase, 2 cars damaged
FOX CHASE - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia firefighters battled a blaze that started when a tree fell on top of two cars Tuesday morning.
It happened around 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of Susquehanna and Verree Roads in the Fox Chase section of the city.
Officials say the cars were damaged when the tree landed on a transformer pulling down wires sparking a fire.
The damaged cars blocked the road along the 800 block of Susquehanna.
About 320 people lost power for a short time as a result of the incident. Power has since been restored to all of the residents.
There were no reports of injuries.
fire, fox chase, philadelphia, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 32 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 58 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 19 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 24 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos