Tour bus drags car 100 yards in deadly Caln Township crash
CALN TWP., Pa. - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after a car rear ended a tour bus in Caln Township, Chester County Tuesday morning.
The fatal victim has been identified as 56-year-old Kathleen Volpe Cignatta of Royersford, Pa.
The crash happened around 6:45 a.m. at the intersection of Lincoln Highway and North Caln Road.
Police say the car became lodged to the back of the bus.
The bus then dragged the car for approximately 100 yards.
Cignatta was pronounced dead at the scene.
One person aboard the bus was treated at Brandywine Hospital for minor injuries
Authorities are continuing to investigate the accident.
chester county, pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ