Man sought in death of York County woman nabbed in Missouri
YORK, Pa. - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Missouri have arrested a suspect in the murder of a woman whose body was found tied up with pink duct tape in her central Pennsylvania home.
The decomposing body of 57-year-old Sandra Mulder was found Sunday afternoon in her York County home, her hands and legs bound.
Carroll Township police Sgt. David Smith says Missouri State Highway Patrol officers using an automated license plate scanner in Boone County were alerted when a Pontiac Grand Prix registered to the victim was spotted on Interstate 70.
After a brief car chase, they arrested 32-year-old Bryan Brackbill Jr. Investigators say he was homeless and had been living with Mulder for about a year.
Brackbill was unarmed and no one was injured. He is being held in Missouri pending an extradition hearing.
homicide, missouri, pennsylvania, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 44 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 23 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began 27 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad