HAZMAT at University of Delaware, 2 hospitalized
NEWARK, Del. - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials are investigating a HAZMAT situation that occurred at the University of Delaware Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched to 104 The Green at 9:07 a.m.
Crews began investigating an odor in the basement and evacuated the building a short time later.
A university spokesperson says two people were transported to the hospital and two others were checked out at the scene.
The building has reopened, but the investigation is continuing.
Delaware Avenue was closed for an hour due to the incident.
delaware, newark, university of delaware, hazmat, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases