HAZMAT at University of Delaware, 2 hospitalized
NEWARK, Del. - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials are investigating a HAZMAT situation that occurred at the University of Delaware Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched to 104 The Green at 9:07 a.m.
Crews began investigating an odor in the basement and evacuated the building a short time later.
A university spokesperson says two people were transported to the hospital and two others were checked out at the scene.
The building has reopened, but the investigation is continuing.
Delaware Avenue was closed for an hour due to the incident.
delaware, newark, university of delaware, hazmat, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 14 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 11 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 20 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
12 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
20 min ago