Smoke billows from Southwest Philadelphia junkyard fire
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews battled a junkyard fire in Southwest Philadelphia that created smoke seen by Action News viewers in and out of the city.
The fire broke out around 4:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene of Automated Waste Solutions Inc. at 1620 South 49th Street as firefighters tried to get control of the flames.
Smoke billowed through the air, resulting in Action News viewers to grab their cameras and snap photos of the plumes in the sky.
No injuries were reported and a cause has not been determined.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run