Smoke billows from Southwest Philadelphia junkyard fire
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews battled a junkyard fire in Southwest Philadelphia that created smoke seen by Action News viewers in and out of the city.
The fire broke out around 4:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Chopper 6 HD was over the scene of Automated Waste Solutions Inc. at 1620 South 49th Street as firefighters tried to get control of the flames.
Smoke billowed through the air, resulting in Action News viewers to grab their cameras and snap photos of the plumes in the sky.
No injuries were reported and a cause has not been determined.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 18 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ