Murder charge upheld in Hatboro girl's death
HATBORO, Pa. - June 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia judge has upheld a third-degree murder charge against a man in the death of his infant daughter earlier this year.
29-year-old Edward Doyle of Upper Moreland Township is charged in Montgomery County in the Feb. 24 death of 2-month-old Makayla Doyle.
The (Doylestown) Intelligencer says police said he gave officers three different stories about what happened that night, but none matched the girl's injuries.
A forensic pathologist ruled the death homicide due to multiple traumatic injuries.
Defense attorney Robert Hoopes said his client shouldn't be charged with murder because there was no clear indication that he knew that his behavior could result in her death.
But a district judge forwarded it along with reckless endangering and false statement charges to county court.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, baby death, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
5 min ago