Berks County bus driver fired for distracted driving
June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County tour bus driver is out of a job after being caught on camera apparently looking at his phone while driving.
The three minute video shows the driver on the Bieber Tourways bus holding what looks like a cell phone. He is seen looking down at it several times, and taking his eyes off the road.
At one point he reaches for another device by taking his hands off the wheel.
The passenger who recorded the video, Miki Onwudinjo, says she felt she was in danger.
"I couldn't believe that he was even able to do both at the same time, just scrolling with his left hand on the iPhone and then texting with two thumbs on the other hand with his device while driving and looking at the road occasionally," said Onwudinjo.
About 15 people were on the bus at the time.
berks county, pennsylvania, driving, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 19 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 23 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 58 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies