2 attempted lurings reported in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - June 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating two possible attempted luring incidents that occurred near a church and a school bus stop in New Castle.
The latest reported incident occurred Monday at 3:45 p.m. outside the Asbury United Methodist Church on the 300 block of East Basin Road.
Police say a 13-year-old girl was walking through the church parking lot on her way home from school when she was approached by a male.
The suspect told the girl, "I want to show you something."
The male tried to get the 13-year-old to follow him, but she ran away.
On Friday, May 31st, at approximately 7:00 a.m., a 12-year-old girl was waiting at a school bus stop located at Wilmington Road and East Burton Avenue.
While waiting at the bus stop, the girl was approached by a male suspect driving a light blue four door Honda.
The suspect asked the girl if she wanted to get into the vehicle and if she needed a ride.
The 12-year-old refused and the suspect drove away.
Troopers are requesting parents remind their children to never talk to strangers, and if possible, accompany children to and from school, or have them walk in groups.
If anyone has any information in reference to this incident, they are asked to contact Delaware State Police Troop 2 at 302-834-2620 extension 0.
delaware, new castle county, luring, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish