7-year-old credited for saving lives in Reading house fire
READING, Pa. -June 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old boy is credited for saving the lives of his grandmother and babysitter in a Reading, Pennsylvania house fire Wednesday night.
Crews arrived to a fast-moving fire that broke out along Schuylkill Avenue.
The homeowner says his son made sure his grandmother and babysitter got out of the house safely.
The babysitter was taken to the hospital and treated for a burned hand.
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 48 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 9 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 35 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
41 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
48 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
9 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
35 min ago