Grand jury investigating death of woman at lawyer's home
PHILADELPHIA - June 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia District Attorney's office has formally launched an investigating grand jury into the death of a woman who was found inside the home of a prominent attorney.
Julia Law, 26, was found face-down in a bathtub on Saturday in the Center City home of Charles Peruto Jr.
Peruto allegedly told police he was at the New Jersey shore from Friday night through Saturday.
Sources close to the investigation earlier told Action News that there were no signs of trauma and no drugs were found at the scene.
Law and Peruto had been dating for about six weeks.
She was described on social media as someone who studied at Drexel University and worked as a paralegal at Peruto's office.
philadelphia, center city, body found, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 6 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 48 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 27 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 53 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
48 min ago