Husband, wife found dead in New Castle County
BEAR, Del. - June 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a husband and wife were found dead from gunshot wounds in their New Castle County, Delaware home.
It happened around 8:20 Friday morning on the 100 block of Sweetbay Lane in the Village of Rutledge community of Bear.
A male placed a 9-1-1 call for a shooting that had just occured. Arriving officers reported hearing a single gunshot from inside the home.
Police later found a 41-year-old male and a 42-year-old female both dead from gunshot wounds to the upper body.
The Christiana Fire Company has confirmed President Jack Troiani is one of the dead.
A motive has not yet been determined.
Police continue to investigate.
delaware, new castle county, shooting, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?