Delaware animal hospital searches for stolen gecko
BEAR, Delaware - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- An animal hospital in Delaware is searching for a stolen reptile.
They say someone walked off with an African fat-tailed gecko over the weekend.
The Delaware Wildlife Rehabilitators Association in Bear noticed the little guy was missing earlier in the week.
A donation box was also wiped out.
Volunteers are worried because the lizard requires a special diet and a heat-controlled environment.
Online reptile dealers offer up to $2,000 for such an animal.
The center hopes whoever took it will bring it back.
theft, delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 39 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 58 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ