Delaware animal hospital searches for stolen gecko
BEAR, Delaware - July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- An animal hospital in Delaware is searching for a stolen reptile.
They say someone walked off with an African fat-tailed gecko over the weekend.
The Delaware Wildlife Rehabilitators Association in Bear noticed the little guy was missing earlier in the week.
A donation box was also wiped out.
Volunteers are worried because the lizard requires a special diet and a heat-controlled environment.
Online reptile dealers offer up to $2,000 for such an animal.
The center hopes whoever took it will bring it back.
theft, delaware, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 29 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 9 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 32 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 21 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford...
9 min ago
- Council approves 2 new Philadelphia hotels
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos