Police officer injured in East Falls car crash
PHILADELPHIA - June 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer suffered a leg injury after a car struck her police cruiser early Saturday morning.
The accident happened on Schoolhouse Lane in East Falls around 2:00 a.m.
Police say a car crossed the center line and struck the oncoming 39th District officer's cruiser.
The officer was transported to Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
The driver of the car was not injured.
There is no word on any charges.
philadelphia police, accident, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 51 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 22 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos