Bear sightings reported in Princeton, New Jersey
PRINCETON, N.J. - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say there have been two confirmed bear sightings in the area of Princeton, New Jersey.
One of the sightings occurred on the 200 block of Mt. Lucas Road, the other on the 900 block of Stuart Road.
Authorities say that bear sightings in Princeton are not unusual this time of year.
However Fish & Wildlife officials still urge residents to be cautious.
Below are some safety tips:
- Never feed or approach a bear!
- Remain calm if you encounter a bear.
- Make the bear aware of your presence by speaking in an assertive voice, singing, clapping your hands, or making other noises.
- Make sure the bear has an escape route.
new jersey, mercer county, animals, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 50 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 8 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 3 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 50 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
3 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos