Man wanted for killing girlfriend in Prospect Park found dead
PROSPECT PARK, Pa. - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was shot and killed in Prospect Park, Delaware County and her boyfriend, who was suspected in the crime, was later found dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. Sunday on the 1300 block of Fletcher Avenue.
Officers arrived to find a woman in her 30s dead from gunshot wounds to the face and chest.
According to a witness, a man left the home shortly after the gunfire and fled in a van.
Two hours later, police found 38-year-old Anthony Serody, the woman's ex-boyfriend, in the van on the 8600 block of Mario Lanza Boulevard in Southwest Philadelphia. Authorities say he was dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The woman's identity has not yet been released.
Police believe it was a domestic situation but the incident remains under investigation.
A spokeswoman for the Delaware County district attorney's office says the victim was involved with another man.
pennsylvania, delaware county, shooting, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 49 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 12 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ