Off-duty Atlantic City officer injured in motorcycle crash
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Atlantic City police officer was injured in a motorcycle accident on Route 40 in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
It happened around 4:45 Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say Detective Michael Braxton was travelling inbound on Route 40 when another car changed lanes into his path.
The officer was able to avoid striking the car but the result threw him off his motorcycle and into a street sign.
Braxton suffered a leg injury and was taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center.
At the time of the crash, Det. Braxton was travelling with several friends, including other Atlantic City police officers.
The other driver did stop at the scene.
new jersey, atlantic county, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 9 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 46 min ago
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft 24 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Del. couple sentenced for locking son in room 1 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 45 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 29 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
46 min ago
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas...
24 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as...
29 min ago