Off-duty Atlantic City officer injured in motorcycle crash
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - June 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An off-duty Atlantic City police officer was injured in a motorcycle accident on Route 40 in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
It happened around 4:45 Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say Detective Michael Braxton was travelling inbound on Route 40 when another car changed lanes into his path.
The officer was able to avoid striking the car but the result threw him off his motorcycle and into a street sign.
Braxton suffered a leg injury and was taken to AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center.
At the time of the crash, Det. Braxton was travelling with several friends, including other Atlantic City police officers.
The other driver did stop at the scene.
new jersey, atlantic county, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 9 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
36 min ago