Employee pistol whipped in Rhawnhurst attempted robbery
RHAWNHURST - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for two men wanted in connection with the robbery of store in the city's Rhawnhurst section.
The robbery happened shortly after 9:00 a.m. on May 23, 2013 at 9:30am at the Tobacco Junction, located at 8259 Bustleton Avenue.
According to investigators, one of the suspects entered the store, approached an employee, who was wearing a panic button around her neck, and said "don't push the button".
The employee then pressed the panic button, at which time the suspect struck her in the head with the gun.
Both men then fled the store on foot south on Bustleton Avenue.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 30 years-of-age, heavy build, tall, wearing a green camouflage jacket with a hood.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 30 years-of-age, thin build, wearing black pants and a black jacket.
If you have any information about this crime or these suspects, please contact police. To submit a tip by telephone dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, robbery, assault, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 22 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 53 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
49 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
53 min ago