Cash stolen from delivery van in West Oak Lane
WEST OAK LANE - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are looking for two men seen on surveillance video breaking into a delivery van before making off with a bag of cash.
The theft happened at 2:38 p.m. on May 30, 2013 at a Gulph Gas Station located at 7100 Ogontz Avenue in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section.
Video shows the victim parking his delivery van on Ogonta Avenue and then exiting the vehicle and walking away. Shortly thereafter two males exit a white van and approach the victim's delivery van on the driver's side.
One of the suspects then entered the vehicle and removed a large white bag containing a large sum of cash while the other suspect acted as a look-out.
Both suspects then got into their white van reversing north on Ogontz Avenue, fleeing the scene.
The driver of the white van is described as a black male, 40-50 years-of-age, 5'10"-6'0", heavy build, wearing a light colored or white t-shirt and dark pants.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 20-30 years-of-age, 5'8"-5'10", stocky build, wearing a light colored t-shirt with a design on the front and light colored Capri shorts.
If you have any information about this crime or these suspects, please contact police. To submit a tip by telephone dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
theft, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 2 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 18 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands