More than 1,000 cited in Delaware seat belt crackdown
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware officials say officers issued 1,010 citations during the annual "Click It or Ticket" campaign last month.
The Office of Highway Safety says the two-week seat belt enforcement campaign involved traffic safety checkpoints and saturation patrols both day and night across the state. Approximately 30 state, county and municipal law enforcement agencies participated in the campaign to enforce state law, which requires all occupants in a vehicle be buckled up.
Officials say for the sixth year in a row, fewer citations were issued than the year before. In 2008, officers issued a total of 2,347 citations in the two-week period.
In addition to seat belt enforcement, officers also issued 297 speeding citations and 878 citations for other traffic violations.
delaware, police, driving, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 56 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
52 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
56 min ago