More than 1,000 cited in Delaware seat belt crackdown
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware officials say officers issued 1,010 citations during the annual "Click It or Ticket" campaign last month.
The Office of Highway Safety says the two-week seat belt enforcement campaign involved traffic safety checkpoints and saturation patrols both day and night across the state. Approximately 30 state, county and municipal law enforcement agencies participated in the campaign to enforce state law, which requires all occupants in a vehicle be buckled up.
Officials say for the sixth year in a row, fewer citations were issued than the year before. In 2008, officers issued a total of 2,347 citations in the two-week period.
In addition to seat belt enforcement, officers also issued 297 speeding citations and 878 citations for other traffic violations.
delaware, police, driving, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 49 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 3 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos