Man with knife robs Lewes, Delaware cigarette store, police say
LEWES, Del. - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a robbery at a Sussex County cigarette store.
The incident occurred around 6:55 p.m. Saturday at the DOT Discount Cigarette store in Lewes.
Police say a male suspect entered the store and approached a 55-year-old female employee demanding money from the cash register.
As the employee complied with his demands, police say the suspect pulled a knife from his sweatshirt.
The suspect then fled the business with an undisclosed amount of money.
The female employee was not injured in this incident.
The suspect is described as a white male, 23 to 30 years of age, 6' to 6'2 tall, 170 to 190 pounds, with an average build. He was wearing a dark baseball cap, a grey hooded sweatshirt with Philadelphia Eagles across the front, tan khakis pants, and dark shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to call Troop 4 Major Crimes Unit at 302-856-5850.
delaware, sussex county, robbery, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book