Man charged with killing children, fiancee in Delaware City fire
DELAWARE CITY, Del. - June 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man has been charged with murder for allegedly setting a fire that killed his fiancee and their two small children.
Travis Jones was arrested and charged with murder in connection with the October, 2010 fire on the 100 block of Clinton Street in Delaware City.
Teyona Watts, 19, and her two daughters - 3-year-old Brianna and 9-month-old Jordan - were found dead in the second floor of the home after the blaze.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office did not release any further details about the cirumstances of the fire.
Jones was seen on Action News the day of the fire, talking about the fire. Video from the scene showed him to be visibly upset, and he told reporters that baby Jordan died in his arms.
"She fought. She fought hard. I was at the hospital, I was holding her and she just faded away," Travis said in the 2010 interview. "Right in my hands."
Jones has been sent to the Howard Young Correctional Facility.
delaware, new castle county, fire, david henry, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police