Body found in Christiana River in Christiana, Delaware
CHRISTIANA, Del. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating the discovery of a body in the Christina River.
The body was found around 10:15 a.m. Tuesday in the area of Route 273 between Route 7 and Old Baltimore Pike.
Police say an industrial painting crew working under the elevated section of the Christiana Bypass (Route 273) spotted the decomposing body of a fully clothed adult white male in the Christina River.
Officers and fire rescue boats responded to the scene to recover the body. It was then turned over to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.
Police say the victim remains unidentified at this time. If anyone has any information about this incident you are asked to contact authorities by dialing 302-834-2630 Extension 208. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
The investigation is ongoing at this hour.
delaware, body found, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 44 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act