Body found in Christiana River in Christiana, Delaware
CHRISTIANA, Del. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating the discovery of a body in the Christina River.
The body was found around 10:15 a.m. Tuesday in the area of Route 273 between Route 7 and Old Baltimore Pike.
Police say an industrial painting crew working under the elevated section of the Christiana Bypass (Route 273) spotted the decomposing body of a fully clothed adult white male in the Christina River.
Officers and fire rescue boats responded to the scene to recover the body. It was then turned over to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.
Police say the victim remains unidentified at this time. If anyone has any information about this incident you are asked to contact authorities by dialing 302-834-2630 Extension 208. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
The investigation is ongoing at this hour.
delaware, body found, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book