Worker killed in forklift accident at Port of Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a worker at the Port of Camden has died after he was run over by a forklift.
Camden County police officials say the worker, whose name was not released, was struck Tuesday morning at the Beckett Street Terminal.
The worker suffered multiple traumatic injuries and was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
No other injuries were reported in the accident, which remains under investigation.
camden, camden county, new jersey, industrial accident, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 37 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 50 min ago