Police: Pennsylvania man left infant in car at T-ball game
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Philadelphia area man faces charges after leaving his 6-month-old daughter in a hot car while he watched his older child play T-ball.
Upper Darby police say 33-year-old Stephen Campbell told them he forgot the infant was in the car while he watched the game Sunday.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports police were dispatched to the field around 3:30 p.m. and that Campbell came running to them with the baby in his arms.
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the baby was in the car for about 45 minutes, but was found conscious and alert. She was treated and released to her mother.
Campbell faces charges including simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child. A message left at a telephone listing for him wasn't immediately returned.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed