Police: Pennsylvania man left infant in car at T-ball game
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Philadelphia area man faces charges after leaving his 6-month-old daughter in a hot car while he watched his older child play T-ball.
Upper Darby police say 33-year-old Stephen Campbell told them he forgot the infant was in the car while he watched the game Sunday.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports police were dispatched to the field around 3:30 p.m. and that Campbell came running to them with the baby in his arms.
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the baby was in the car for about 45 minutes, but was found conscious and alert. She was treated and released to her mother.
Campbell faces charges including simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child. A message left at a telephone listing for him wasn't immediately returned.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 42 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 18 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
42 min ago