Police: Pennsylvania man left infant in car at T-ball game
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Philadelphia area man faces charges after leaving his 6-month-old daughter in a hot car while he watched his older child play T-ball.
Upper Darby police say 33-year-old Stephen Campbell told them he forgot the infant was in the car while he watched the game Sunday.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports police were dispatched to the field around 3:30 p.m. and that Campbell came running to them with the baby in his arms.
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the baby was in the car for about 45 minutes, but was found conscious and alert. She was treated and released to her mother.
Campbell faces charges including simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child. A message left at a telephone listing for him wasn't immediately returned.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!