Police: Pennsylvania man left infant in car at T-ball game
UPPER DARBY, Pa. (AP) - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Philadelphia area man faces charges after leaving his 6-month-old daughter in a hot car while he watched his older child play T-ball.
Upper Darby police say 33-year-old Stephen Campbell told them he forgot the infant was in the car while he watched the game Sunday.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports police were dispatched to the field around 3:30 p.m. and that Campbell came running to them with the baby in his arms.
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood says the baby was in the car for about 45 minutes, but was found conscious and alert. She was treated and released to her mother.
Campbell faces charges including simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child. A message left at a telephone listing for him wasn't immediately returned.
children, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 39 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 54 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 39 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 16 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 8 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 34 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
54 min ago