Sandusky scandal costs Penn State $46 million
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- The legal bills keep piling up for Penn State related to the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
A university website updated costs for the scandal this week. The total as of the end of March was more than $45.8 million, covering legal fees along with consulting work and other associated costs.
The total is up roughly $1.4 million from the previous month. Most of that increase, about $1.1 million, is attributed to legal defense fees for the university, or employees or former employees entitled to representation.
The school says it's spent about $15.5 million on such fees as of the end of March.
Firms covered under the fees include the attorneys for three ex-school officials fighting charges that they covered up allegations against Sandusky, a retired assistant football coach.
pennsylvania, penn state, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 30 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 14 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 33 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
14 min ago