Registered nurse stole, sold drugs, NJ prosecutors say
STAFFORD TWP., N.J. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a registered nurse stole prescription drugs from a hospital where he worked and then sold them in the community.
Seth Kaplan of Stafford Township faces numerous charges after being arrested late Monday night.
Authorities say various drugs were found in Kaplan's car after a traffic stop. More drugs were found when police executed a search warrant at Kaplan's home later Monday.
Prosecutors say the 42-year-old Kaplan stole the drugs at various times while working at CentraState Medical Center in Freehold. They also believe he may have stolen drugs from another hospital.
Kaplan remained jailed Tuesday on $30,000 cash bail, and it was not known if he has retained a lawyer.
new jersey, drugs, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police