300-pound shark lands in NJ fishermen's boat
MANASQUAN, N.J. - June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 300 pound Mako shark jumped out of the ocean off the coast of New Jersey and landed in the boat of two fisherman.
It happened as Clint Simek and Tom Rostron were off the coast of Manasquan preparing for a shark fishing tournament.
They told Action News the 8-foot shark took their bait and jumped out of the water 3 times.
On the fourth jump, the shark actually landed in the boat.
The fishermen say they got it under control and took their big catch back to shore.
new jersey, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 58 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 54 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
58 min ago