Police investigate suspicious fire at new YMCA in Havertown
HAVERTOWN, Pa. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a suspicious fire at a YMCA under construction in Havertown, Pennsylvania early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. at the intersection of Eagle and Lawrence Roads.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing in the interior of the construction area.
The fire was placed under control with little damage to the building.
There were no injuries reported.
Investigators have called the fire 'suspicious.'
Officials have told Action News that construction on the new building will continue as planned for the scheduled opening in October 2013.
fire, pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 7 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 27 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
23 min ago