Police investigate suspicious fire at new YMCA in Havertown
HAVERTOWN, Pa. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a suspicious fire at a YMCA under construction in Havertown, Pennsylvania early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3:45 a.m. at the intersection of Eagle and Lawrence Roads.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing in the interior of the construction area.
The fire was placed under control with little damage to the building.
There were no injuries reported.
Investigators have called the fire 'suspicious.'
Officials have told Action News that construction on the new building will continue as planned for the scheduled opening in October 2013.
fire, pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 44 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 13 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 6 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 16 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 3 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 2 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 19 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane