Pa. teen dies in accidental pellet gun shooting
LAMAR, Pa. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 15-year-old boy is dead after being shot with a pellet gun at a friend's house in central Pennsylvania.
Investigators say the shooting of Ty Yonkin in Clinton County on Tuesday afternoon appears to be an accident and isn't considered suspicious. An autopsy is scheduled Wednesday in State College.
Deputy Coroner Zach Hanna says Yonkin was at a friend's home in Porter Township when the shooting happened. It wasn't immediately clear how he was shot and the death is under investigation by Pennsylvania State Police and the coroner's office.
He was pronounced dead at Lock Haven Hospital around 3 p.m.
pennsylvania, shooting, child death, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 3 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos