Man, 19, fatally shot near eastern Pa. courthouse
POTTSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a gunman after a 19-year-old man was fatally shot near the Schuylkill County Courthouse in Pottsville.
Investigators believe it started as a fight involving a group of individuals and that it didn't appear to be random. Witnesses reported shots were fired around 8:20 p.m. Tuesday. After he was shot, police say the victim ran behind a row of homes, where he died.
Neighbors say they heard repeated gunshots at the time of the shooting, but no other injuries are being reported.
Police Chief Joseph H. Murton V says authorities didn't immediately have a suspect in custody. Police have not released the name of the victim.
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 36 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 39 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago