Boil water advisory issued in Aberdeen
MOORE COUNTY -- An accident during construction work Wednesday left some residents in Aberdeen with low water pressure, cloudy water, or no water at all.
Officials said Broad Plex, a fiber optical contractor with the Moore County School System, drilled through a Town of Aberdeen water main Wednesday morning.
The accident prompted authorities to issue a boil water advisory to residents along the west side of US Highway 1 from Forest Hills to TJ Maxx who had low water pressure or cloudy water.
Officials encouraged them to boil all water used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, bathing, food preparation and other uses for at least one minute until further notice.
As of 11 a.m., an estimated 500 to 1000 residents and businesses were without water in the area.
Crews are currently working to repair the problem and hope to have it resolved by 2 p.m.
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting