Boil water advisory issued in Aberdeen
MOORE COUNTY -- An accident during construction work Wednesday left some residents in Aberdeen with low water pressure, cloudy water, or no water at all.
Officials said Broad Plex, a fiber optical contractor with the Moore County School System, drilled through a Town of Aberdeen water main Wednesday morning.
The accident prompted authorities to issue a boil water advisory to residents along the west side of US Highway 1 from Forest Hills to TJ Maxx who had low water pressure or cloudy water.
Officials encouraged them to boil all water used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, bathing, food preparation and other uses for at least one minute until further notice.
As of 11 a.m., an estimated 500 to 1000 residents and businesses were without water in the area.
Crews are currently working to repair the problem and hope to have it resolved by 2 p.m.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 36 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
25 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
49 min ago