15 cats removed from East Mount Airy home
EAST MOUNT AIRY - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- At least 15 cats have been removed from a home in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia.
Pennsylvania SPCA Humane Law Enforcement officers were called to the 7000 block of Sprague Street on Wednesday.
The arrived after they received a complaint that a strong odor was coming from the home and numerous cats were living in "squalor."
The SPCA said the home is owned by an elderly man and is filled with trash.
The Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections has been called to evaluate the condition of the house.
philadelphia, east mount airy, animal rescue, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
38 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
17 min ago