15 cats removed from East Mount Airy home
EAST MOUNT AIRY - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- At least 15 cats have been removed from a home in the East Mount Airy section of Philadelphia.
Pennsylvania SPCA Humane Law Enforcement officers were called to the 7000 block of Sprague Street on Wednesday.
The arrived after they received a complaint that a strong odor was coming from the home and numerous cats were living in "squalor."
The SPCA said the home is owned by an elderly man and is filled with trash.
The Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections has been called to evaluate the condition of the house.
philadelphia, east mount airy, animal rescue, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 47 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 46 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 11 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 27 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
35 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
28 min ago