Dozens of tires dumped in Wilmington neighborhood
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the people responsible for causing an eyesore in Wilmington, Delaware.
Residents in the 500 block of Barrett Street say someone pulled up in a U-Haul truck Tuesday and dumped 50 to 80 tires.
The same truck was spotted dumping 100 more tires just a few blocks away.
A quick-thinking neighbor took down the truck's license plate number and called police.
The city removed all of the tires Wednesday afternoon.
Authorities said they will not tolerate illegal dumping.
"There have been several dumpings in the area, even around Burnett Middle School. We have now put a fence around it. We want people to know that Wilmington is not a dumping ground, that we have active neighbors and we have our police and L&I looking out, and we will lock you up," State Rep. Charles Potter, Jr. told Action News.
So far there has been no word on any arrests.
delaware, vandalism, wilmington, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 18 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 58 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 6 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 7 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 11 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
4 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
11 min ago