Man shot in Fayetteville, suspect arrested
FAYETTEVILLE -- Fayetteville Police have made an arrest after a man who was shot in the stomach was driven to a local hospital Wednesday night.
Lamont Everett, 36, showed up at Highsmith Rainey Hospital around 10:30 p.m. after being involved in a shooting on Morgan Street near Bryan Street.
Everett suffered two wounds to his stomach and was immediately transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he was taken into surgery. He was listed in critical condition Thursday afternoon.
Officers arrested 31-year-old Jason McKnight near Morgan Street after neighbors in the area reported hearing multiple gunshots 30 minutes earlier.
McKnight is charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and firing a weapon into an occupied property. Bond was set at $25,000.
cumberland county, shooting, local/state, greg barnes
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station