Man shot in Fayetteville, suspect arrested
FAYETTEVILLE -- Fayetteville Police have made an arrest after a man who was shot in the stomach was driven to a local hospital Wednesday night.
Lamont Everett, 36, showed up at Highsmith Rainey Hospital around 10:30 p.m. after being involved in a shooting on Morgan Street near Bryan Street.
Everett suffered two wounds to his stomach and was immediately transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he was taken into surgery. He was listed in critical condition Thursday afternoon.
Officers arrested 31-year-old Jason McKnight near Morgan Street after neighbors in the area reported hearing multiple gunshots 30 minutes earlier.
McKnight is charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon, and firing a weapon into an occupied property. Bond was set at $25,000.
cumberland county, shooting, local/state, greg barnes
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 42 min ago
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 35 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 4 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 5 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
14 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
42 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
35 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
29 min ago