Man killed, 2 others injured in central NJ crash
HOWELL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - June 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two others were injured when a car overturned and crashed into several trees in central New Jersey.
Howell Township police say 21-year-old Mark Chilton of Freehold was sitting in the back seat when the accident occurred around 11:25 p.m. Friday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car's driver, Jacob Cannizzaro, and his front-seat passenger, Angelo Capasso, both 22-year-old Howell residents, were treated for injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash, which remains under investigation.
Authorities say Cannizzaro was driving southbound on Fort Plains Road when he lost control of the car as it came around a sharp bend in the roadway. The car then overturned and struck the trees.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 32 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 55 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos