Man killed, 2 others injured in central NJ crash
HOWELL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - June 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two others were injured when a car overturned and crashed into several trees in central New Jersey.
Howell Township police say 21-year-old Mark Chilton of Freehold was sitting in the back seat when the accident occurred around 11:25 p.m. Friday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car's driver, Jacob Cannizzaro, and his front-seat passenger, Angelo Capasso, both 22-year-old Howell residents, were treated for injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash, which remains under investigation.
Authorities say Cannizzaro was driving southbound on Fort Plains Road when he lost control of the car as it came around a sharp bend in the roadway. The car then overturned and struck the trees.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 48 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish