Man killed, 2 others injured in central NJ crash
HOWELL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - June 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two others were injured when a car overturned and crashed into several trees in central New Jersey.
Howell Township police say 21-year-old Mark Chilton of Freehold was sitting in the back seat when the accident occurred around 11:25 p.m. Friday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car's driver, Jacob Cannizzaro, and his front-seat passenger, Angelo Capasso, both 22-year-old Howell residents, were treated for injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash, which remains under investigation.
Authorities say Cannizzaro was driving southbound on Fort Plains Road when he lost control of the car as it came around a sharp bend in the roadway. The car then overturned and struck the trees.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos