Man killed, 2 others injured in central NJ crash
HOWELL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - June 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- One man was killed and two others were injured when a car overturned and crashed into several trees in central New Jersey.
Howell Township police say 21-year-old Mark Chilton of Freehold was sitting in the back seat when the accident occurred around 11:25 p.m. Friday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The car's driver, Jacob Cannizzaro, and his front-seat passenger, Angelo Capasso, both 22-year-old Howell residents, were treated for injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash, which remains under investigation.
Authorities say Cannizzaro was driving southbound on Fort Plains Road when he lost control of the car as it came around a sharp bend in the roadway. The car then overturned and struck the trees.
accident, new jersey, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 14 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 44 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos