Man pistol whipped in Southwest Philadelphia home invasion
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 30-year-old man was pistol whipped during a home invasion in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
Police say four masked men broke into a house around 1:30 a.m. in the 6700 block of Trinity Street.
The homeowner says there was a knock and when he opened the door, the four men rushed into the home.
They were wearing T-shirts over their faces and carrying a handgun.
The victim was whipped with the gun multiple times around the face and head, police say.
He was taken to the hospital and received several stitches.
The thieves made off with $1,500 in cash and a set of keys.
Police are investigating.
home invasion, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 21 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber