Suspects sought in $20,000 Mary Kay heist
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for two men behind a $20,000 cosmetics heist in North Philadelphia.
Investigators released images of the suspects from the crime on the night of June 2nd in the 2700 block of Howard Street.
They allegedly broke into a woman's car and stole bags containing $20,000 worth of Mary Kay cosmetics.
The car, owned by Elizabeth Estevez, was loaded with merchandise because she had a sales event that weekend.
"I had all of my foundation, primer, concealer," she said.
It's a major loss of income that brought Estevez to tears. She said she works hard to make an honest living out of her home while providing for her children - including two with special needs.
Estevez said she would normally bring her items into the home from the car, but was exhausted from her sales event.
She went on to say she thought the car was locked.
"I know they're not going to bring it back, but I wish they would," Estevez said. "It's a big loss."
The men were driving a dark-colored Chrysler 300 sedan.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477).
philadelphia, north philadelphia, theft, local/state
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del.
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 47 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 28 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 42 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade