5 taken to hospitals from Northeast Philadelphia gym
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Five people had to be taken to the hospital after being exposed to chlorine at a Northeast Philadelphia gym on Friday.
The incident happened around 12:30 p.m. at the L.A. Fitness in the 2500 block of Grant Avenue.
All five people were taken to local hospitals by ambulance.
None of the people are in life-threatening condition, medics said.
Officials said it appears there was too much chlorine in the pool.
Investigators remained on the scene Friday afternoon.
The gym is now closed until further notice. Once the chlorine fumes dissipate, the gym will reopen.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 44 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
44 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos