5 taken to hospitals from Northeast Philadelphia gym
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Five people had to be taken to the hospital after being exposed to chlorine at a Northeast Philadelphia gym on Friday.
The incident happened around 12:30 p.m. at the L.A. Fitness in the 2500 block of Grant Avenue.
All five people were taken to local hospitals by ambulance.
None of the people are in life-threatening condition, medics said.
Officials said it appears there was too much chlorine in the pool.
Investigators remained on the scene Friday afternoon.
The gym is now closed until further notice. Once the chlorine fumes dissipate, the gym will reopen.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish