5 taken to hospitals from Northeast Philadelphia gym
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Five people had to be taken to the hospital after being exposed to chlorine at a Northeast Philadelphia gym on Friday.
The incident happened around 12:30 p.m. at the L.A. Fitness in the 2500 block of Grant Avenue.
All five people were taken to local hospitals by ambulance.
None of the people are in life-threatening condition, medics said.
Officials said it appears there was too much chlorine in the pool.
Investigators remained on the scene Friday afternoon.
The gym is now closed until further notice. Once the chlorine fumes dissipate, the gym will reopen.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 31 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 50 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 18 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 16 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twin boys escape carjacker by yelling,...
1 min ago