Arrest in SEPTA subway cell phone thefts
PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials say an alleged subway cell phone thief has been caught.
19-year-old Benjamin Teague was arrested Friday morning after showing up at a probation hearing.
Police believe Teague targeted female riders on the north end of the Broad Street Line, and assaulted them if they wouldn't give up their phones.
Last month SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestel used Twitter to send out Teague's picture, as part of a social media campaign to fight crime.
philadelphia, SEPTA, cell phones, theft, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 48 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 49 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 47 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 43 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 1 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures