Arrest in SEPTA subway cell phone thefts
PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials say an alleged subway cell phone thief has been caught.
19-year-old Benjamin Teague was arrested Friday morning after showing up at a probation hearing.
Police believe Teague targeted female riders on the north end of the Broad Street Line, and assaulted them if they wouldn't give up their phones.
Last month SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestel used Twitter to send out Teague's picture, as part of a social media campaign to fight crime.
philadelphia, SEPTA, cell phones, theft, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police