Arrest in SEPTA subway cell phone thefts
PHILADELPHIA - June 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials say an alleged subway cell phone thief has been caught.
19-year-old Benjamin Teague was arrested Friday morning after showing up at a probation hearing.
Police believe Teague targeted female riders on the north end of the Broad Street Line, and assaulted them if they wouldn't give up their phones.
Last month SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestel used Twitter to send out Teague's picture, as part of a social media campaign to fight crime.
philadelphia, SEPTA, cell phones, theft, local/state
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 15 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 36 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
58 min ago