Truck carrying cattle overturns on I-495 in Delaware
NEW CASTLE, Del. - June 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor trailer carrying cattle has been cited for inattentive driving after he overturned on an I-495 ramp in Delaware, letting a few cows loose on the roadway.
The Delaware State Police says the tractor trailer carrying approximately 42 cows overturned Saturday around 1:48 p.m. as it traveled along a curve in the ramp from I-495 northbound to Terminal Avenue.
The tractor and livestock trailer landed on the guardrail.
Delaware State Police spokesman Cpl. John Day says two or three cows escaped and walked onto I-495. Troopers identified the driver of the vehicle as 23-year-old Patrick Scholten of Inwood, Iowa.
No people were injured. Day said he didn't know if any cows were injured.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del.
delaware, new castle county, accident, animals, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 14 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 14 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 57 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos