Truck carrying cattle overturns on I-495 in Delaware
NEW CASTLE, Del. - June 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a tractor trailer carrying cattle has been cited for inattentive driving after he overturned on an I-495 ramp in Delaware, letting a few cows loose on the roadway.
The Delaware State Police says the tractor trailer carrying approximately 42 cows overturned Saturday around 1:48 p.m. as it traveled along a curve in the ramp from I-495 northbound to Terminal Avenue.
The tractor and livestock trailer landed on the guardrail.
Delaware State Police spokesman Cpl. John Day says two or three cows escaped and walked onto I-495. Troopers identified the driver of the vehicle as 23-year-old Patrick Scholten of Inwood, Iowa.
No people were injured. Day said he didn't know if any cows were injured.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del.
delaware, new castle county, accident, animals, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 8 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 53 min ago
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 52 min ago
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 51 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 58 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 54 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 46 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 44 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
48 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
53 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
42 min ago