Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim identified
BURLINGTON, N.J. - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the taxi driver found dead in Burlington over the weekend, and have ruled his death a homicide.
The body of Larry Hamilton, 49, of Trenton, was found on the side of the road at York Street and Route 130 North at 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
Police say Hamilton had a large wound to the head and the passenger's side window was broken.
He was last seen picking up a fare at the train station in Trenton.
Cabbies were lined up as usual outside that train station Monday in the wake of the tragedy over the weekend.
Hamilton was divorced, a father of grown children, who had worked for Yellow Cab for more than a decade.
His longtime friends and fellow cabbies are grieving deeply. They know the dangers of driving a taxi, especially at night.
"It's happened before. A driver was killed in 2002. So it's not new. He was a cool guy," said Rigauri Adrian.
"He was a good person. Always laughing with people, playing music in his car. He was a good person," said Jude Jean.
Police and county detectives refuse to release any more information about their murder investigation, including whether they have surveillance video of the murder suspect.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call Burlington County Central Communications at 609-265-7113 and request to speak with a detective from the Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit.
new jersey, burlington county, body found, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 32 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
52 min ago