Driver crashes, takes out utility pole in Hamilton Twp.
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - June 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a car is in the hospital after a violent overnight crash.
Rescuers were called to the 200 block of Yardville-Allentown Road just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
There, they found a car that had crashed into a utility pole, splitting it half.
Power and utility lines were down around the crash scene.
Medics had to use the jaws of life to rescue the driver, who was last reported to be hospitalized in good condition.
There was no immediate word on the cause of the crash.
The driver's name has not been released.
new jersey, mercer county, accident, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
52 min ago