Driver crashes, takes out utility pole in Hamilton Twp.
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - June 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The driver of a car is in the hospital after a violent overnight crash.
Rescuers were called to the 200 block of Yardville-Allentown Road just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
There, they found a car that had crashed into a utility pole, splitting it half.
Power and utility lines were down around the crash scene.
Medics had to use the jaws of life to rescue the driver, who was last reported to be hospitalized in good condition.
There was no immediate word on the cause of the crash.
The driver's name has not been released.
new jersey, mercer county, accident, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School 44 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 57 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
33 min ago